National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership
Target audience: NPQSL participants (Cohort 9-application round January 2017)
Course Date: Induction - March/April 2017 TBA
Course Location: GLP Centre, Chantry Community Academy, Ordnance Road, Gravesend DA12 2RL
Fees: GLP members: £TBA Non members: £TBA
- NPQSL is for those individuals who not only have responsibility for leading a team, but are also involved in leading a range of issues that affect the whole school or organisation.
- It is aimed at senior leaders, including experienced middle leaders, deputy heads, SENCOs, SLEs and advanced skill teachers and other senior staff looking for further professional development but not aspiring to headship at this stage in their career.
- The qualification will support you in becoming a highly effective senior leader with the skills, confidence and knowledge to contribute to the strategic development of your school or organisation as part of the senior leadership team.
- You can tailor the programme to meet your particular priorities through your choice of electives and in-school project. A 360 review of your leadership skills will help you identify the areas you want to develop.
- To achieve the NPQSL qualification you will need to successfully complete two essential modules and two elective modules, which you can choose from a wide range of options.
- Closing the gap
- Succeeding in senior leadership
- Improving the quality of teaching
- Research and development in teaching
- Effective whole-school management
- School self-evaluation
- Leading professional development
- Leading change for improvement
- Leading in a diverse system
- Effective partnership working
Each module involves up to 50 hours of blended learning, including face-to-face sessions, online learning and a school-based project. The support of a 'sponsor' from your school, usually your line manager or Headteacher, is essential to enable you to make the most of the programme.